Programs to volunteer this holiday season

Programs+to+volunteer+this+holiday+season+

Alec Richmond, Web Editor in Chief

NWHS has a long-standing partnership with the Salvation Army

We also are offering NWHS students the opportunity to help at Salvation Army on December 18, 19, and 22 for the distribution of the thousands of boxes of food and Toys for Tots gifts that are given away. 1) You can select a morning or an afternoon shift. 2) You MUST sign up, spots are first come – first served. 3) You MUST have properly filled out permission slip turned in to Miss Hade by the DUE DATE on the permission slip in order to participate.

The Northwest Community Annual Adopt a Family Program

Each holiday season the Northwest Community adopts several families within our school district and helps to make their holidays special. We would like invite you to help us.

In 2013, our community adopted 34 families, representing 83 students within our school district.

You can make donations, by taking an ornament off the Giving  Trees. There are up at several locations in the Northwest District; including all five Northwest Community Schools’ buildings, Hankerd Hills Golf Course, Klavon’s, and the First Church of the Nazarene. The student created ornaments represent needs of dozens of Northwest families – from food and toiletries, to new clothing, books, and toys.

If you would like to help, please consider removing ornaments from the trees, purchasing the items requested, and returning your unwrapped donation to any NW Giving Tree location by Friday, Dec 12. All donations will be given to families with children in the school district.

In addition to our Giving Tree items, we are graciously accepting monetary donations as well. Contact Marnie Hade at NWHS for more information. Thank you to all of our donors for continually instilling the spirit of giving in our community.Toys for Tots