Lend a hand, donate a coat

Lend+a+hand%2C+donate+a+coat+

Alec Richmond, Web Editor in Chief

As temperatures drop, people begin to bundle up before braving their newly chilled surroundings.

Unfortunately, some members in the Jackson community are unable to keep warm throughout the winter season.

Link Crew has organized a coat drive with the First Church of the Nazarene from now until two weeks after Winter Break to assist those in need.

“There’s so many young kids, even in our district, that come to school every day without coats, hats or gloves,” said Link Crew advisor Mr. Hammond. “Any kind of donation to those kids is a benefit.”

Hammond believes that even though the current temperature does not permit a full experience for the coat drive, it is still important that donations are made.

Link Crew hopes to make the coat drive a big success in order to help the well-being of our community and appreciates any and all donations.

“Any kind of donation to those kids is a benefit.”

Accepted Items:                                                          Drop-off Locations:

– New or Used Coats                                             – Northwest High School

– New Hats                                                              – Northwest Middle School

– New Gloves                                                           – Northwest Elementary

– New Scarves                                                         – Parnall Elementary