Senior knocks down 300

+Senior+Trevor+Simons+

Kelsey Thomas

Senior Trevor Simons

Kelsey Thomas, News Editor

Since 10 years old, senior Trevor Simons has been working toward one of the greatest achievements in bowling, a score of 300. He finally achieved this goal during the City Tournament Team Event.

“I started bowling on my own, but once freshmen and sophomore year came Corey Daniels was a big inspiration in helping me become better,” said Simons.

Simons has been on the bowling team since his freshmen year. Each year, his skills grow more and more.

“The previous year I was spending 20 hours a week in a bowling alley with Corey getting ready for the upcoming season. It took me about four years of hard bowling time to accomplish it,” said Simons.

Competing in team and individual tournaments has given Simons the chance to rise in the bowling world. Over the years he has taken much advice from bowling coach, Gerry Lobdell, who has watched Simons become a much skilled bowler.

“Trevor has worked hard each and every year for us.  He has also improved each year taking big steps from his sophomore year to his junior year.  He has taken another big step this year in the amount of time he put in over the summer,” said Lobdell.

Even though Simons has finally scored a perfect 300, he plans to continue growing in bowling and hopes to take his skills into the future.