Jackson area prepares for Halloween events

Lucas Worden, Web Journalist

Halloween is coming up fast and all of Jackson is getting ready for the occasion. In the spirit of festivities, people are buying candy and decorations.

As always, it is recommended that adults accompany children when trick or treating to ensure their safety. The trick or treating time for Jackson is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m, and all houses that are participating will have their porch lights on.

If trick or treating is not an option, the Blackman-Leoni Department of Public Safety is holding an open house on Oct. 31 from 5-8 p.m. The Department will provide food, refreshments, games, a candy check for anyone concerned about the contents of their candy, and a visual demonstration of their emergency vehicles.

Another safe alternative to trick or treating would be the YMCA Trunk or Treat which will be held in the parking lot at 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Oct. 31. St. Paul’s Episcopal church will provide hot dogs and hot chocolate at the church building. The address is 309 S Jackson St.

There is also a Trunk or Treat being held at Northwest Elementary School on Oct. 28 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.  The Northwest music programs, student government, and other clubs will be assisting the event by providing trunks and handing out the treats.

The weather for Halloween is set with a high of 60 degrees and a low of 42 degrees. It is predicted to be partly cloudy with a 25 percent chance of precipitation. It is advisable to somehow “cold proof” costumes or be prepared for cold weather in another way.