Marching Mounties receive top rating at MSBOA

Miss. Marine Hade

Senior Meghan Camburn lead this years color guard during the annual MSBOA competition. This year’s band once again scored a rating of one.

Mackenzie Moore, Web Journalist

Marching band director Mr. Bryan Mangiavellano once again led his band to a superior rating at this year’s band competition, but it required a battle through the elements of rain and mud to make it happen.

This years Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association (MSBOA) was hosted by Northwest High School on a rainy Saturday afternoon (Oct. 20). In front of hundreds of parents, friends and other spectators, each band battled through wet and cold weather to see each school’s MSBOA performance. 

Over 15 different bands, from across Michigan, participated in the event. Michigan Center, Napoleon, and many other schools gathered to show off their skills to a panel of 3 judges. Each judge evaluated one category which included general effects (showing), marching, and musicality.

Although the conditions were less than preferable, the Marching Mounties pushed through the mud and received a superior rating. By earning a 1, which is the best result possible, the Mounties continued their long history of superior marks at MSBOA.