Adopt a Family program opens for holiday season

Hannah Smith, Editor-in-Chief

Each year Northwest Community Schools adopts several district families to help give them the best holiday experience possible. The annual Adopt a Family program will begin accepting online donations starting Nov. 12 and ending on Dec. 8. The donations will be distributed to the families on Dec. 15.

In previous years, giving tangible items for donations was common. However, this year monetary donations will be strongly encouraged.  The leaders hope this will bring more items through the program as a whole.

Community members can give tangible donations to Miss Marnie Hade, in Room 106, or pick items from the giving trees. These trees will be located at all Northwest buildings and JaxNaz. Unlike previous years, food and toiletry items will not be on the giving trees because the food will be ordered through food banks, but they will include clothes, toys, and books.

“You do not have to have monetary donations or toys to help out. Everyone can help. Everyone can give time,” said Hade.

People who know of families in need of assistance or are looking to adopt a family should contact Hade or a counselor from the high school. The program wants anyone who wishes to make a family holiday memorable to turn to Adopt a Family. It will allow them to have a positive impact on the community.